Even with more than a week to go before the American presidential election, it looks like the McCain campaign is already trying to lay the blame for their expected defeat.
Apparently vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin has lost confidence in her advisers and is starting to 'go rogue'. And McCain's advisers are preparing to lay the blame at her door for their defeat.
I have to say, such a reaction would be utterly unfair. Yes, she is utterly unfit to be President, yes she's been found guilty of acting unethically over 'Troopergate' and yes, her $150k clothing and $22k for make-up have damaged the campaign.
But who is responsible for her being on the ticket? The only person who should accept any sort of blame for the disaster that is Sarah Palin is John McCain. It was his decision to appoint her as his vice-presidential nominee, without properly vetting her. Her appointment undermined his arguments about experience and raised questions over his judgement. The fact it has proven such a disaster is nobody else's fault but his own.
This election can't come quickly enough for the McCain campaign. It will at last put them out of their misery and will leave them free to indulge in a bout of blood-letting.
Recommended Lib Dem blogs and websites
- Andrew Reeves
- Caron's Musings
- Charlotte Gore
- Cicero's Songs
- Cllr Debra Storr
- Councillor Alex Graham
- David Boyle
- Duncan Borrowman
- Fraser MacPherson
- Freedom Central
- Himmelgarten Cafe
- Jock Coats
- John Hemming MP
- Lib Dem Blogs Aggregated
- Lib Dem Voice
- Liberal Burblings
- Liberal Bureaucracy
- Liberal England
- Love and Liberty
- Lynne Featherstone MP
- Mark Reckons
- Millennium Elephant
- Norfolk Blogger
- Peter Black AM
- Quaequam Blog!
- Sara Bedford
- Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Social Liberal Forum
- Stephen Glenn
- Steve Webb MP
- The People's Republic of Mortimer
- UK Liberal Democrats
Other good political sites
Miscellaneous non-political sites
- ► 2009 (111)
- POLL: Who's run the greatest postwar US Presidenti...
- The Barack Obama Show
- Jumping on the Brandwagon
- Obama on inspirational form
- Palin pallin' around with convicted felons
- Even McCain's staffers are voting Obama!
- Obama within margin of error in Arizona
- Playing the blame game
- Today is D-Day
- That's dedication for you
- My task made easier
- Mind the Gap!
- McCain staffers: we can't win Colorado
- Obama's lead is tightening but he's pulling away
- Lembit Opik, blogging and Ros Scott
- Powell's endorsement of Obama
- American elections: my predictions
- The American Future - not perfect but worth watchi...
- Clean sweep for Obama
- My vote's in the post
- Tavish: Let's learn from Obama
- Thoughts on the presidential election
- Reminder: Tavish Scott bloggers' interview
- Let me see if I've got this straight
- The Veep debate: it wasn't even close
- Obama and the Bradley effect
- Brown's reshuffle statement in full
- I'm Mandy, why me?
- He who lives by the sword...
- Is it turning into a landslide?
- ▼ October (30)