Earlier today, some of you will have seen a blog entry from Irfan Ahmed in which he welcomed Lembit Opik's commitment to start blogging should he get elected as Lib Dem president. He then mistakenly claimed that Ros Scott had not revealed any plans to start blogging, apparently unaware that Ros has been blogging since January. Irfan has since apologised for his error and updated his posting.
Now, I'm not criticising Irfan for his error - everyone makes mistakes from time to time when blogging. But to me this sums up the differences between the presidential candidates and makes me glad I've cast my vote for Ros. Lembit, for all his talk about changing the way the party campaigns, merely gives a commitment to do something should he get elected. Ros has already been doing it for months.
This comes on top of Lembit having an election address which included lots of tightly-packed text which would be difficult for many members to read. In contrast, Ros's looked good and gave a clear message of what she wants to achieve.
I'd have to say, if there is one candidate in this election that's campaigning in primary colours, it's Ros and not Lembit.
Recommended Lib Dem blogs and websites
- Andrew Reeves
- Caron's Musings
- Charlotte Gore
- Cicero's Songs
- Cllr Debra Storr
- Councillor Alex Graham
- David Boyle
- Duncan Borrowman
- Fraser MacPherson
- Freedom Central
- Himmelgarten Cafe
- Jock Coats
- John Hemming MP
- Lib Dem Blogs Aggregated
- Lib Dem Voice
- Liberal Burblings
- Liberal Bureaucracy
- Liberal England
- Love and Liberty
- Lynne Featherstone MP
- Mark Reckons
- Millennium Elephant
- Norfolk Blogger
- Peter Black AM
- Quaequam Blog!
- Sara Bedford
- Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Social Liberal Forum
- Stephen Glenn
- Steve Webb MP
- The People's Republic of Mortimer
- UK Liberal Democrats
Other good political sites
Miscellaneous non-political sites
- ► 2009 (111)
- POLL: Who's run the greatest postwar US Presidenti...
- The Barack Obama Show
- Jumping on the Brandwagon
- Obama on inspirational form
- Palin pallin' around with convicted felons
- Even McCain's staffers are voting Obama!
- Obama within margin of error in Arizona
- Playing the blame game
- Today is D-Day
- That's dedication for you
- My task made easier
- Mind the Gap!
- McCain staffers: we can't win Colorado
- Obama's lead is tightening but he's pulling away
- Lembit Opik, blogging and Ros Scott
- Powell's endorsement of Obama
- American elections: my predictions
- The American Future - not perfect but worth watchi...
- Clean sweep for Obama
- My vote's in the post
- Tavish: Let's learn from Obama
- Thoughts on the presidential election
- Reminder: Tavish Scott bloggers' interview
- Let me see if I've got this straight
- The Veep debate: it wasn't even close
- Obama and the Bradley effect
- Brown's reshuffle statement in full
- I'm Mandy, why me?
- He who lives by the sword...
- Is it turning into a landslide?
- ▼ October (30)