... Michael Martin, for his obvious bias towards his former Labour colleagues during his time in office.
... Michael Martin, for unnecessarily spending money to seek a second opinion from lawyers when seeking to block details of MPs' travel expenses from being published under the Freedom of Information Act.
... Michael Martin, for his own extravagance in foreign trips and expenses.
... Michael Martin, for failing to seek a warrant from police wishing to search the office of Tory MP Damian Green.
.... Michael Martin, for his utterly unjustified attack yesterday on two MPs (Kate Hoey and Norman Baker) who have been long-time campaigners for reform of the MPs' expenses system.
And the winner is... well, surprise, surprise, it's Michael Martin, for becoming the first Speaker in over 300 years to be facing the prospect of a motion of no confidence, showing the lack of faith many of his Parliamentary colleague have in his ability to do the job.
And yet, despite this thoroughly deserved award, Gordon Brown still thinks that Speaker Martin is doing 'a good job'.
Recommended Lib Dem blogs and websites
- Andrew Reeves
- Caron's Musings
- Charlotte Gore
- Cicero's Songs
- Cllr Debra Storr
- Councillor Alex Graham
- David Boyle
- Duncan Borrowman
- Fraser MacPherson
- Freedom Central
- Himmelgarten Cafe
- Jock Coats
- John Hemming MP
- Lib Dem Blogs Aggregated
- Lib Dem Voice
- Liberal Burblings
- Liberal Bureaucracy
- Liberal England
- Love and Liberty
- Lynne Featherstone MP
- Mark Reckons
- Millennium Elephant
- Norfolk Blogger
- Peter Black AM
- Quaequam Blog!
- Sara Bedford
- Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Social Liberal Forum
- Stephen Glenn
- Steve Webb MP
- The People's Republic of Mortimer
- UK Liberal Democrats
Other good political sites
Miscellaneous non-political sites
- Calm down, dears
- Good stuff from Shirley Williams
- Praise where it's due
- Tell Michael Martin his time's up
- Who should be the next Speaker?
- A snap poll now is not the answer
- Speaker Michael Martin is doomed
- Morley's 'defence' doesn't stand up
- Even Betty Boothroyd slams Speaker
- Churchill, Europe and the idiots of UKIP
- Great bit of ad placing
- And the nominations for Worst Speaker Of All Time ...
- Yet another Gnat manifesto pledge bites the dust
- Gnat MSP's anti-gay bigotry
- Keeping expenses row in proportion
- Mixed feelings abut Nick's conversations
- Do Lib Dems lack ambition?
- ▼ May (17)
- ► 2008 (206)