Here is your handy cut out and keep guide to points or phrases which Nick Clegg is likely to use during his leader's speech to conference today.
The first person to shout out 'Bingo' as Nick reaches his peroration wins an all-expenses paid trip to Siberia in the company of Evan Harris (return flights not included).
Here are the points or phrases to look out for:
Make It Happen
"A child born in the poorest parts of Sheffield will on average die 14 years before a child born in the richest parts"
A comparison of the relative economic stature/experience of Vince Cable and George Osborne
The Bullingdon Club
A joke which features Alistair Darling's surname
"Go back to your constituencies and prepare for..."
A reference to David Cameron cycling to work, followed in a car by his shoes
Shopping at Sainsbury's
A joke about the '30 lovers'
A reference to the number of people voting in The X Factor/Big Brother
The election that never was
Mention of a pop group which has been in the charts over the last few months, to show how in touch he is (my money's on Noah and the Whale)
A joke about the Lib Dems causing global chaos by holding a conference
An outdated comedy reference
Recommended Lib Dem blogs and websites
- Andrew Reeves
- Caron's Musings
- Charlotte Gore
- Cicero's Songs
- Cllr Debra Storr
- Councillor Alex Graham
- David Boyle
- Duncan Borrowman
- Fraser MacPherson
- Freedom Central
- Himmelgarten Cafe
- Jock Coats
- John Hemming MP
- Lib Dem Blogs Aggregated
- Lib Dem Voice
- Liberal Burblings
- Liberal Bureaucracy
- Liberal England
- Love and Liberty
- Lynne Featherstone MP
- Mark Reckons
- Millennium Elephant
- Norfolk Blogger
- Peter Black AM
- Quaequam Blog!
- Sara Bedford
- Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Social Liberal Forum
- Stephen Glenn
- Steve Webb MP
- The People's Republic of Mortimer
- UK Liberal Democrats
Other good political sites
Miscellaneous non-political sites
- ► 2009 (111)
- Success for Gurkha justice campaign
- The losers from the bail-out vote
- Honours even in first debate
- Ready, aim at foot, fire!
- Gnats keep undermining local democracy
- More bad news for McCain
- Your chance to interview Tavish Scott
- What's McCain scared of?
- Spending more time with the family
- Gnats in bed with some other complete bankers
- Can liberals get a fair deal from the media?
- Nick Clegg: what a terrific speech
- Nick Clegg conference speech bingo
- Can we cut taxes? And if so, how?
- Chris Huhne on top form
- Lib Dems against open justice
- Make It Happen: the right result, but...
- Nick Clegg has the answers
- A decent debut from Tavish
- Scottish Labour goes Gray
- The People's Republic rules!
- The musical guessing meme
- A terrible speech from McCain
- Cathy Jamieson: brain literally the size of a pea
- Can Salmond stop the posturing?
- Everyone's a hockey mum
- The price is wrong
- ▼ September (27)