Sunday 27 April 2008

Back to business


OK, time to get back into blogging action. I had a good time on holiday in Italy. Lake Maggiore is a fantastic place to visit which I can highly recommend. To the right is the view I had of Isola Bella from my hotel balcony in Baveno, which is one of the nicest towns on the lake - less of a tourist trap than its neighbour Stresa, but still pretty and welcoming. I also spent a few nights in Milan, which was worth seeing, although I wouldn't rate it as one of my favourite cities. But the Duomo is amazing, particularly in the afternoon sun. And there are a number of other things worth seeing, such as La Scala (which I didn't get to see inside, as Liverpool v Chelsea in an "English" bar which didn't sell any English beer took priority), the Galeria Vittorio Emanuele and the Castello Sforzesco. And the Brera art gallery is also well worth a visit.
So, altogether a holiday which certainly did its job of the recharging the batteries. But now it's back to business.

No comments:

Liberal Democrat Blogs